On the following websites you will find useful travel information about Ecuador and Imbabura Province, about community tourism initiatives in the area, as well as social and environmental projects worth visiting.
- Official site of the Ecuadorian Ministry of Tourism: with useful information and travel advice on all major tourist destinations within Ecuador.
- Cámara de Turismo Otavalo (Tourism Association of Otavalo): with plenty of information about the town of Otavalo and its tourism service providers.
- Runa Tupari Native Travel: Travel agency in Otavalo specialized in community tourism in four villages around the town of Cotacachi.
- Red de Turismo “de la nieve al manglar”: Network of eco- and community tourism providers in northern Ecuador.
- Community Tourism Centre “Sumak Pacha”: Tourism project in the village of Pijal near San Pablo Lake, focusing on environmentally friendly, cultural tourism.
- Bosque de Paz: Ecological restoration project in the northwest of Imbabura Province. Environmental education, volunteering, botanical gardens,bed & breakfast.
- Red Ecoturística Íntag: Tourism network in the Íntag region northwest of Otavalo, specializing in eco- and adventure-tourism.